Thursday, March 26, 2009

No Lie MRI NOT being offered as evidence in court

http://lawandbiosciences.wordpress.com/2009/03/25/request-to-admit-no-lie-mri-report-in-california-case-is-withdrawn/

Gary Seiser to Stanford Center for Law and Bioscience:

"...Now I understand both the great potential of fMRI for lie detection, and the many hurdles yet to be overcome before it is ready for the courtroom. It has definitely been a learning experience.

As you know, this week the proponents of the evidence withdrew their request to have it admitted, thus ending the issue in our case. I won’t speculate on why they did that. I will only say I was confident that with all the help I had received, you assisting as co-counsel, and Marc Raichle on the stand, we would have prevailed. In a way, we did."

No comments:

"Not by strength, by guile."